KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, July 27, 2007

Why I Love ESL Authors

The challenge of solving the puzzle of what the author really meant to say, plus e-mails like the following from a researcher in Korea, are why I so enjoy working with ESL (English as a second language) authors:

Hi kathrine!

It has been long time after last contact. I hope everything is OK with you. Did you enjoyed your summer vacation?

My recent paper that you revised was published in [Big-Name U.S. Medical Journal] at last January 2007. It was wonderful thing for me. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart.

Now, I'd like to apply very important paper for publication in [Same Big-Name U.S. Medical Journal] again to bring previous paper to a conclusion. The published previuos paper was just the basic hypothesis for this paper. I believe in your excellent ability for making revision.


Hey, Dr. S., thank you from the bottom of my heart!



publishing

3 comments:

LeftLeaningLady said...

It is so great that the people you work with appreciate the job you are doing. I make less in the job I am doing now than the one I had before, but I am so much happier. There is a lot to be said for that!

Imperatrix said...

That is so sweet! Having clients who appreciate what you do is more than a perk -- it's a necessity.

Anonymous said...

Awe :)

Template created by Makeworthy Media