KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Mom-ish Day at the Office

It's been a really mom-ish day at the office.

The boys have been mostly hibernating indoors in the air-conditioning because it's oppressively hot outdoors, inventing, building, singing, doing the occasional chore when asked.

My daughter Becky, with just over a week of maternity leave left, called this morning to ask if she and baby Ana could come over to sit in the AC; the apartment she and Li and Ana live in has none, and Li was at work.

I've spent my time editing, taking breaks to chat with Becky or hold or talk to Ana, answering the boys' questions or listening to their stories, and fixing everyone a late lunch.

Days like this one are exactly why I went freelance full time nearly 13 years ago—to have my family in my office! I am so lucky.



publishing

No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media