KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Kind of Client I Want to Keep

Just got this lovely e-mail in my in-box:
Dear Katharine,

... I’m the editor of [Redacted Book Title]. I wanted to thank you for the excellent copyediting job you did. This manuscript has been a challenge from the start, and you really improved it with your work. I was very impressed.
While I was working on this particular project, I dealt only with the in-house production editor, not the acquisition editor (AE). For the AE to take to time to acknowledge my contribution makes it truly worth my having had to do a little extra work on the manuscript. (Yes, I was paid for my time, but acknowledgments are a special extra.) Sometimes it takes a lot of polishing to reveal the sparkle underneath. But I like a good challenge.



publishing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Affirmation of that kind means a lot! Glad you received it. I know I appreciate positive feedback.

Template created by Makeworthy Media