KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

C'est un petit monde

I was just cheered up tremendously by an e-mail that I got out of the blue from a Frenchman I've never met. He and his wife have friends on Long Island, and he was doing an Internet search for another Long Island city when he found my blog. He wrote to me at my blogging e-mail address:
I don't understand all your sentences but I see that you are "against the war" in Irak. Your "position" is very "courageous" in your country. (In France, we believe that all the American are for the War). I congratulate you for this. I am also a grandfather and I understand your feeling about this great thing to be a grandfather or a grandmother.

Excuse my "english" if words aren't correct.

Sincerelly H.C. from France
If my expressing my opinions on my blog helps just one person somewhere else in the world see Americans as individuals rather than as drones who all think alike about political issues, that's terrific! And hey—I got to brush up on my French in replying to H.C.




No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media