KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Why Every Author Needs an Editor

I'm peeking out from under a heavy workload and my daughter's impending wedding to share this.

The staff of the scientific editing department at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has come up with a wonderful poster [link updated 2/15/2012] that illustrates why researchers writing medical journal articles need editors. Though the poster is targeted at STM (scientific, technical, and medical) writers, the editors among you may also find it helpful in visually demonstrating why authors of any stripe need editors.

The poster is featured in an article in the July–August issue (volume 29, issue 4) of Science Editor, the journal of the Council of Science Editors.



medical medicine researcher journal author

4 comments:

Cris said...

Hi EM! This is awesome...I think my department will appreciate this very much.

Happy Birthday and Happy Wedding!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Hi, Cris. Every editor who's seen the poster has absolutely loved it. It cracked me up.

And thanks for the kind wishes.

Kristen King, Inkthinker said...

Thanks for commenting on this, Katharine. I saw that and thought I was going to pull a muscle I was laughing so hard. I wanted to personally send a copy to EVERY AUTHOR I edited at my previous job. I'm refraining, but it's a dream I have. :]

Kristen

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Heh! I have that dream too, Kristen.

Template created by Makeworthy Media