KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, September 23, 2005

Evacuation Time in Texas, Part 13

He made it! He made it! Wally just text-messaged and then called me. He got to San Antonio a couple of hours ago and then crashed for a while.

I told him about Jordan's having fallen asleep at the wheel and bumped into Shawn's car at slow speed, and he said, "Hell, everybody did that all the time. Nobody had any sleep. I bumped one guy's pickup, and he stopped, got out, saw no damage, and said, 'Eh, don't worry about it.' "

Time to celebrate with a glass of wine!


Updated at 11:20 p.m., September 24, 2005: I thank all my readers for hanging in there with me through this ordeal. Just knowing you all cared enough to keep up with events in my brother's and sister's lives, whether you commented here on the blog, e-mailed me, or just read, kept me going. And I slept well last night and even napped today in relief! There are some truly kind people in the world, and you all number among them.

Updated at 10:37 a.m., September 28, 2005: Wally said that when he tapped the pickup, he was moving at about 1 mile per hour. His own 1974 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon sustained a bent bracket behind its header panel (the fiberglass nose of the car), which he has since fixed.


Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11
Part 12 Part 13

2 comments:

markfromireland said...

I've been following this saga as you've been posting. Relief! Nothing I'm sure to the relief you must be feeling. God be thanked.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

God be thanked, indeed! Amen.

Template created by Makeworthy Media