KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, September 23, 2005

Evacuation Time in Texas, Part 11

An e-mail just in from Sandi, sister to Shawn, my sister Becky's second ex-husband:
Just got call from Shawn. They [Shawn, Becky, Steven, and Brooke (Becky's young daughter by Shawn)] are with the friend of Steven's. [Steven is my sister's current husband.] Jordan [Becky's teenage son by her first husband, J.W.] is with another friend of Steven's and has left the hotel they were in. All safe for now. To call with update after storm. As I hear anything, I will let you know.

Updated at 3:40 p.m., September 23, 2005: Jordan called at about 1:00 p.m., and we talked for a good 10 minutes. He said that at the end of their trip, he was driving behind Shawn's car and was so sleep deprived that he accidentally hit the back bumper of Shawn's car. Because traffic was moving extremely slowly, there wasn't any real damage to either car.



2 comments:

Katherine Zander said...

I'm relieved to hear they're all safe. I saw your blog last night, and started worrying for all those people in gridlock.

Get some rest tonight, ok?

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

I'll try my best to sleep tonight. I'm so glad all my family is going to be indoors rather than on the road.

Template created by Makeworthy Media