KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, September 23, 2005

Evacuation Time in Texas, Part 12

I haven't been able to raise Wally by text messaging for a few hours now. His last message to me was at 11:47 a.m. Central time:
68 miles to SNT
He meant that he was 68 miles outside of San Antonio, his planned haven during the hurricane. He'd said, in his earlier call, that he was traveling at 75 miles per hour, so I have to assume that he got there safely but that the approaching Rita was affecting cell phones.
Hang in there, dude. I love you. I'm thinking of you and Becky and her family constantly.



Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11
Part 12 Part 13

No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media