KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, December 01, 2006

Symphonic Works from a Contemporary Composer

I'm excited to say that I know the wife of a composer of syphonic works, and that he has his first CD out! I can't wait till the CD I ordered shows up.

The composer is Ron Brown, a Canadian whose hauntingly beautiful Christmas hymn I featured in a post here about a year ago. I'll let Ron tell you about his new CD:
After two years of promises, I have finally taken the plunge and prepared a CD for sale on the Internet. It is just over an hour in length and contains four works for symphony orchestra:

"Memories of the Outaouais" is a 12 section tone poem in tribute to that area of Western Quebec where I lived off and on for about 30 years.

"The S. S. Newfoundland: 1914" is a tribute to the 78 men and boys killed when their captain left them stranded on an ice floe during a storm.

Symphonies Nos. 1 and 2 were written during the last 18 months.
Please treat yourself this holiday season and pick up one of Ron's CDs. And read some of his fascinating essays on music.



No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media