KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Happiness Blogging

I have absolutely no complaints today. ... Oh, all right, Iraq's burning while Bush fiddles, and the fiddler has shredded much of what was good about America. But other than that, I'm happy:

  • It's acting like December outside, the temperature hovering at 21 degrees Fahrenheit. The sun's streaming quite brightly through the windows. I'm indoors and bundled up, warmed further by a good cup of Chinese tea.


  • My youngest has the day off from kindergarten today because the teachers are doing all of their parent–teacher conferences, so I get to kiss his soft little cheeks as often as I like, between all of the paper construction projects he's doing.


  • I'm editing another short story written by my only local client; he sent me an e-mail this morning about my editing of another of his stories:
Thanks so much for the kind words. I could not make a [business] deal big enough today to overcome the feeling I have from your [praise of my writing].

  • It's almost the weekend, when I'll go to this rousing concert.


  • And my middle son and husband will be home all weekend. My family members really are my favorite people.

What are you happy about?



3 comments:

Imperatrix said...

I'm happy that we'll all be home this weekend, getting ready for our cookie party next Friday.

I'm happy that all the animals (dog, cat, rabbit, rat; not the bird, tho) play together and entertain us with their antics.

I'm happy that my Christmas gift crafting is on track.

I'm happy that I've got a good groove going on all the projects I'm juggling on my desk and plan to have off that desk by Dec 20, when we leave for an East Coast Christmas.

I'm happy I have such nice people visiting my blog. Thanks for being my blog friend, K!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

:-)) Thank you, Imperatrix.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I am happy that for some reason the party we were invited to tonight was canceled, and we got to stay home!
Thanks for asking!!

Template created by Makeworthy Media