KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

No O.J. Book

Well, well, well. O.J. Simpson's book won't be sold after all, nor will his interview by his publisher, Judith Regan, be broadcast by FOX Broadcasting Company.

It's probably too much to hope that common sense and decency prevailed in the O.J. book brouhaha. It's much more likely that Rupert Murdoch, owner of News Corp., which owns both HarperCollins (the publishing house at which ReganBooks is an imprint) and FOX, deduced from the massive criticism coming his way that both HarperCollins and Fox would lose customers or viewers and thus lots of income because of its connection with the lurid murder case.

Whatever the reason for the project's withdrawal, I'm glad it's gone. Ick. Oh, and in the interests of full disclosure, I should say here that HarperCollins is one of my clients.




3 comments:

Jenna-Lynn said...

Hi Katharine,
I am a young writer in Calgary, Alberta and would love to publish my poems. Since you are an editor/publisher, is there any advice you can give me???
Jenna

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Hi, Jenna-Lynn. I'm a freelance copyeditor, and I've worked only on books and medical journal articles, never on poetry. But head on over to your local library and look in the reference section for Writer's Market. You'll find publishers listed in it who publish poetry. You can also subscribe to it online.

TFLS said...

I too am glad OJ's confessional went the way of the Dodo. What must his children think? I feel so very sorry for them. Did you know that copies of the book have been offered for sale on EBay? I hope those disappear as well.

Template created by Makeworthy Media