KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Joys of Freelancing

AP photo of today's wind and rain on Long IslandGeez! It's days like today that really make me glad to be a freelancer. Here on Long Island, the rain's coming down sideways and the wind's gusting up to 60 miles per hour. I didn't have to get dressed for an audience of officemates and go outside to drive to work, only to be immediately soaked. I'm sitting here at my computer in a T-shirt, casual pants, and clogs, dry and happy.


2 comments:

Levinas2006 said...

Hello, I happened upon this blog and it interested me, I have recently moved back to Long Island and I am looking to get into the writing trade here. Can you give me any pointers? My blog is at Levinas2006.blogspot.com or you can e-mail me at ecalamia.buffalo.edu. I would reaaaaaaaaaaaly appreciate any guidance you could give.

Thank You

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

As I explained by private e-mail, I haven't written for a living for more than 20 years. I'm an editor, so I don't have tips on the local writing market.

But I do hope you stop by regularly. You never know what might pop up.

Template created by Makeworthy Media