KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2005

How to Become an Editor

Jennie, a fellow copyeditor, has some great information here on how to become an editor. If you want additional information on the basics of editing, education and certification, business tools, editing tools, network, and finding work, see the Copyeditors' Knowledge Base on my business web site. If you have any links you think should appear there, e-mail me.


Update: I'll be a co-presenter of Getting Started as a Freelance Editor, a 90-minute audio conference, on Tuesday, January 10, 2006. For details, see this. And you might be interested in this.


2 comments:

Anny said...

Hi Katharine - I had to drop you a line, and just let you know for fun how I ended up on your page. I'm a young attorney who loves reading and languages in general, getting jaded in the legal industry and contemplating a career change. I googled "how to become an editor," and a few links later, here I am! I don't know how the rest of my story will end, but if it's not happily doing something else, I hope it ends a lot like yours - with time to spend with my family, and always books around to read. I couldn't think of a better life. Enjoy :)

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Hey, Anny, nice to hear a new voice. I hope you do become an editor. I know of two lawyers who switched to my field.

Template created by Makeworthy Media