KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Breathtaking Sight

I looked out my bedroom window midmorning today and saw a hawk, which looked a lot like this one in coloration, swoop in and land atop my children's swing set in our backyard.

Too bad I didn't have a good camera ready. The bird was magnificent. And the sight of it reminded me how lucky I am to be a full-time freelancer. I never saw such wonderful beings when I worked in Manhattan. And because there were no bustling crowds around, the hawk took its time looking around, allowing me to observe its layers and variety of types of feathers.

Beautiful. I wish I knew whether the hawk lives nearby or was just stopping for a hare-hunting break.



No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media