KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ana, My Granddaughter

Ana, just after birthMMMLi and Ana
Anastasia Kathleen Sanchez (left), all puffy from just having pushed her way out into the world (late at night on Monday, May 14). Proud and tired first-time father Lionel (right), holds his daughter. (Watch a short video of Daddy's Little Princess here.)




Ed and Ana
MMMNeil and Ana

Ana takes a peek at her Grandpa Ed O'Moore-Klopf (left), stepfather to her mother. Twelve-year-old Neil O'Moore-Klopf (right), thinks being an uncle is pretty cool. Watch a short video of Neil and Ana here (or here).



Becky and Anna
MMMUncles Jared and Neil

First-time mother Becky holds a sleeping Ana (left). Young uncles Jared, 5, and Neil, 12 (right), hug after a diner dinner.


I'll post more grandbaby pix here as they come in.



Breaking news at 2:30 p.m., 5/16/07: The obstetrician says that Becky and Ana can check out of the hospital tonight at 7.


Updated at 11:55 a.m., 5/17/07: Becky says she's too wiped out to attend tomorrow's graduation ceremony (for her master's degree in social work). "I'm having trouble even contemplating getting dressed today," she says, though she got three consecutive hours of sleep this morning, thanks to Li, who held and sang to Ana so Becky could rest. What a great dad!



Li

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness, she's beautiful.

And Ed doesn't look *too* proud, does he?

Congratulations to you all.

Love,
Martha

Kathy said...

Congratulations and great joy to all, Katharine!

Willard Hughes said...

She is adorable. Congratulations!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, everybody! Ed and I are quite smitten with little miss Anna. But we did, of course, make sure to let our boys know that they are also very special to us.

And Becky, my always-together, levelheaded daughter, said, not long after giving birth, "Now I've done something you haven't, Mom," and grinned hugely. She meant that she had just gone through natural childbirth, whereas I had three C-sections, never even experiencing labor. I had to laugh!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I hope Becky is doing well. I had unmedicated labor and delivery with my last child, and the recovery was amazingly easy. May it be the same for her.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a joyful time for you all!

Peter K Fallon, Ph.D. said...

She's beautiful Katharine. Go maire tu!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, so lovely! Happy Birth-day to all!!

Unknown said...

Cute baby, Katharine!I especially like the video (and thanks for posting alternate links for it: for some reason my employer has blocked one of the links (category "Unclassified"), but the second one works just fine.

CE-Lmate Edward Franchuk

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Imperatrix said...

I guess haloscan confiscated my previous comment.

Welcome to the world, Anna!

Congrats to all, especially Becky!

Anonymous said...

Anastasia is a beautiful baby! (Also, what an elegant--and versatile!--name.) Warmest congratulations to the whole family!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, all you lovely folks who've commented since the last time I did on this post.

Melissa, you're so right about the versatility of Anna's name. One of my friends says she can imagine hearing, one evening in the future, "Coming to you live from channel four, this is Anna Sanchez." She can also imagine reading about Senator or President Anastasia Sanchez. I vote for that last one. I'm going to have to do my grandmotherly duty over the next 20 years or so and put ideas in Anna's head. :-))))

Imperatrix said...

I'm into funky nicknames. like Xander for Alexander (and I thought of it way before Buffy the Vampire Slayer!), Lianna for Julianna, so, of course, Stasia for Anastasia.

:-)

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Stasia is really cool. I don't know if I can sell Becky and Li on it, though. I can tell already that Li's going to be calling her Princess, as in Daddy's Little Princess.

Template created by Makeworthy Media