KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, May 20, 2005

My Work Here Is Done

From preemie . . .. . . to adult












Today, an independent young woman with great common sense, good organizational skills, and plenty of compassion receives one of the many available certificates of achieving young adulthood: She will receive a diploma from the State University of New York, Stony Brook for having earned a bachelor's degree in sociology. She is my daughter, Rebecca Pijanowski. In the fall, she will begin work on a master's degree in social work from SUNY–SB's School of Social Welfare. How did my premature 5-pound 5-ounce baby become a 6-foot-tall goal-oriented 22-year-old so fast? Where did the time go?

7 comments:

KL said...

Congratulations and WOW! your daughter goes to Suny-SB!!! That's where I go too, though I'm a doctoral student in math. :):):)...

erinberry said...

Congratulations to your daughter and to you!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, KL, Erinberry, and Hokkaidoabbey. You three are my nicest "commentators."

And it's really cool to know that you're at SUNY-SB, too, KL. Anyone who's good at math impresses the heck out of me, but a doctoral student . . . wow!! I'm in awe of your gray matter. I'm even more in awe of the fact that someone so very intelligent is so down to earth. :-)

Well, back to work: I still have two boys to raise into good world citizens.

Peter K Fallon, Ph.D. said...

Mom--

Let me add my own mazel tov and say "keep up the good work" with the boys.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks very much, Dr. Fallon, my other nicest "commentator." You can bet I'll keep everyone posted on my sons' progress.

Anonymous said...

I like that goal--raising kids to be good world citizens.

Your daughter is beautiful.

But I suspect your work continues, as it does for all parents.

May it pay off in your old age.

Meg

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, Meg. I know you're building two good world citizens yourself. Highly satisfying work, isn't it?

Template created by Makeworthy Media