KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

How to Make a Grown Editor Cry

I want to go to BeijingCopyeditors edit for money and for the pleasure of dealing with words. But sometimes we do our work because we know just how much it helps authors. One of my repeat ESL (English as a second language) clients, an orthopedic surgeon from China who apparently just got a promotion, sent me this lovely message tonight:
Dear Katharine:

I just took a glance of the revised paper. I am deeply moved. You must have spent great effort on revising it.

Now I am the chief of the Adult Reconstructive Surgery department, I am fueling my junior staffs to do more research, so we will continuously need your help. If you get a chance to visit China, please kindly let me know. I am very happy to arrange some part of your trip in Beijing and invite you to visit our department.

Y.Z.
That's the first author note that ever made me feel like crying. What a sweetheart! And what a humbling honor to be so trusted.



Template created by Makeworthy Media