KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bad Pain

Yesterday, I tripped on the uneven concrete sidewalk in front of my bank, fell, and broke my right arm and wrist. I am right-handed. It's a nasty, incredibly painful break (medical terminology: distal radius fracture, comminuted, with joint involvement and volar subluxation). I'll see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. The emergency room orthopods said that I'll likely need surgery to implant a metal plate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a bad one, Katharine -- I'm so sorry to hear it. And down the road, when you've healed from the break (and the surgery if it's necessary), be sure you get your doctor to prescribe physical therapy for you. Not all doctors think it's important, but I can tell you from experience that it is.

erinberry said...

Oh no! So sorry!

Template created by Makeworthy Media