KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Stretching Old Muscles

It feels so fine to be writing again, to admit that I need to write.

My first professional job, back in the early '80s, was as a reporter for a midsize Texas newspaper (though my surname was different then). I had to write on every subject imaginable, and on deadline. It was so good then, but life got in the way. . . . I had my first baby, and the night hours of a reporter weren't really compatible with having a child. Then my first husband and I moved to a different state and I started down the publishing track. And then I divorced and then remarried and had two more babies, and I continued to enjoy publishing, though I eventually left the corporate side to go solo.

I've long edited to live, but now that I've started this blog and committed to it, I'm remembering that I must also write to live. Now that my kids are getting older, it'll continue to become easier to find the time to write.

1 comment:

Charles Jo said...

I recall an old friend from college telling me about a theory that writing is organic. The work itself really wants to come to life and that whether it's you, me, or the woman down the street in a cafe, the work will get written and come to life eventually. Sometimes, there is so much thought that gets built up that one needs to release it. And a well written page ranks right up there with the best of life.

Keep on writing! And thanks for your positive feedbacks on my thoughts. There are many of like us who pray to Jesus for more peace and love on earth and who are not out to make life a living hell for everyone else.

Charles Jo
Silicon Valley

Template created by Makeworthy Media