KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Getting Started

So this is my first foray into blogging. I don't expect it to be amazing. I'll mostly tell you about daily life as a freelance copyeditor, mom, and person.

Had a doctor's visit yesterday. The news about my cholesterol was truly bad—enough to make me get off my behind and exercise. I managed to do 12 minutes of stair-stepping . . . yes, on the actual stairs in my house. It actually felt good! And my friend Martha cheered me on by e-mail, so I'm feeling like trying another 10 minutes or so this aftenoon.

Ya see, I got into such bad shape by sitting for a living. I edit books and articles for medical journals, and to edit, one has to sit. Before the birth of my youngest in 2001, I used to race-walk each weekday morning. If I pushed, I could do a 13-minute mile. But with a baby and then a toddler at home, I found it really hard to get in enough hours of work each day, so exercise dropped off my to-do list. I'm hoping that if I continue the stair-stepping until spring and warm weather, I'll be fit enough to get back to race-walking. Gotta be around for my kidlets and spousal unit.

Back to paying work now!

No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media