- Computer Tools for Editors, a free downloadable book of more than 450 macros for use in automating editing tasks
- Edifix, a cloud-based subscription service that edits, styles, links, and tags bibliographic references, using any of multiple standard styles
- FileCleaner, a collection of macros that cleans up common problems in electronic manuscripts within Microsoft Word, including multiple spaces, multiple returns, unnecessary tabs, and improperly typed ellipses (available for Windows and Macintosh)
- ListFixer, a collection of macros that fixes problems with automatically numbered lists and bulleted lists within Microsoft Word (available only for Windows)
- NoteStripper, a collection of macros that allows the user to do several things within Microsoft Word to embedded and automatically numbered references and endnotes, including (1) stripping notes to or from the ends of sections or from the end of a document and (2) turning inline tagged notes into embedded notes (available only for Windows)
- PerfectIt, a program for enforcing consistency on many levels throughout a manuscript (available only for Windows)
- ReferenceChecker, a macro that works within Microsoft Word to verify whether each entry in a reference list is cited correctly in a manuscript; works with name–date citations and with numbered citations (available only for Windows)
- Stedman's Plus 2016 Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker, standard edition, which integrates with Microsoft Word's spelling checker (available for Windows and Macintosh)
EditTools is a package of editing macros (available only for Windows) from wordsnSync that is frequently updated. As of this writing, it contains 36 macros to automate editing tasks, including Reference Number Order Check, the only macro I'm aware of that has been written to take human error out of the process of renumbering lists of out-of-order references.
For links to many more programs, macro packages, applications, blog posts, and style guides for editors, see the "Editing Tools" page of my Copyeditors' Knowledge Base.