- To help my book authors understand what to expect
- To teach myself more about the current indie publishing processes
What I've read of Perfect Bound so far has convinced me that it will be an excellent continuing-education tool. And I intend to recommend it to my authors, whether they plan to work through traditional publishers or to self-publish.
The book covers these topics:
- Choosing a publication route
- The acquisitions process
- Manuscript development
- Copyediting and query resolution
- Design and layout
- Proofreading, author review, and final revisions
- Printers, distributors, and e-book companies
- Marketing and publicity
Perfect Bound: How to Navigate the Book Publishing Process Like a Pro, by Katherine Pickett, from Hop On Publishing LLC. Available in two formats: paperback (9780991499113; US$12.99) and ePub (9780991499120; US$7.99); 240 pages.
continuing education publishing process how-to editor EditorMom