KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Conference Presentation: Profiting from Your Online Presence

Communication Central's Build Your Business conferenceIf you're a self-employed editorial professional, you've found that résumés and business cards aren't enough anymore to keep your work schedule full. Want to know what tools work today and how to use them? Come talk with me, on Saturday, October 2, 2010, on day 2 of the fifth annual Communication Central Build Your Business conference, where I'll lead the session "Profiting from Your Online Presence." I'll teach you how to build your reputation and find clients by using social media, web sites, e-mail discussion lists, and more.

You can get more details here and register here.

My main topics will be

  • How to use Twitter to build relationships

  • How to use Facebook to establish community

  • How to use LinkedIn to showcase your talents

  • How to use e-mail discussion lists to build relationships and get referrals

  • How to make sure that your web site showcases your skills and professional personality

I've been in publishing for 26 years, the first 11 as a production editor for various publishers, and since then as a full-time freelance copyeditor. I am a medical editor with a specialty in editing manuscripts written by non-native speakers of English. My editing has helped researchers in 20-plus nations get their articles published in more than two dozen peer-reviewed journals. I am also the creator and curator of the Copyeditors' Knowledge Base. On Twitter, I am @KOKEdit.

Please join me and my colleagues at Communication Central's Build Your Business conference this year. The theme is Finding Your Niche/Expanding Your Horizons, and you'll find plenty to help your business grow.


1 comment:

Cameron said...

You can really build your own self-image nowadays through the internet, and through some social networking sites. Also, if you have a small business, you can also build its image through the internet. And you can make a big profit out of it.

I knew some online stores and they really make it big on the online shopping industry. And I also believe that they put their income in an offshore bank. Bahamas, my hometown has clients from different online stores where they deposit and save their money. I think now is the time for us also to make a difference, be known and get profit from it.

Thanks for the informative post!

Template created by Makeworthy Media