KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, June 07, 2010

My New Book!

I heard back from the publisher today about my additions to the book I'm getting coauthor credit on:

The manuscript looks fine to me . . . send me an invoice and we'll get your final payment in the works. [The book was a work-for-hire project.]

I'm glad you enjoyed this project. On our end, you really saved us with the quick turnaround time and quality work. Certainly, as we need books updated in the future—some of those TechCareers publications are about ready to be updated for second editions—we'll be happy to kick some of that work your way.

We'll keep you posted as events warrant on Taking Charge . . . we'll do everything we can to make you and Karen [my coauthor] media darlings!

That made my week! I couldn't have asked for more. I got praise, the promise of more writing work, and the promise of publicity for the book. The publisher, TSTC [Texas State Technical College] Publishing, doesn't have a page up on its web site yet for this new (second) edition of the book, and the current page for the first edition (for which I wasn't a coauthor) is down while the web site is being redone. But here is the publisher's blog post about the book.

The publishing intern who wrote that post also assisted me in doing some of the research for the second edition, and I've asked that she be given credit on the title page as researcher. My publisher has agreed. I'll have a short bio and a head shot on the back cover.

The first edition was 236 pages and cost $40-something. The new edition will be longer, but I don't know the estimate page count yet or the price. If you're interested in getting a copy because someone in your family will soon be a brand-new college student, the ISBN is 978-1-934302-83-5. The book is scheduled to be available this coming September.


publishing



No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media