KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Freelancer

I bring to you an "ick" moment in the life of a freelance copyeditor:

I got up from my desk to get something. I happened to glance at the floor, and I spotted a plop of something there. If I hadn't immediately recalled that my teenage son had recently walked through the area while eating peanut butter and that he tends not to notice the messes that he leaves behind, I'd have been grossed out at the thought that maybe our cat had developed diarrhea and had not had the time to make it to the litter box.

Things like that don't happen so much in employers' offices. Don't you wish you were self-employed too? ;-)




No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media