KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vacation from Parenting

Still in loveMy husband and I are getting a parenting break this week. Even though we’re both still working, it feels as if we're on vacation.

My in-laws have taken our 4-year-old and 11-year-old sons camping locally for the week. We'd forgotten what uninterrupted conversation was like. And I'd forgotten how I can drown in my husband's eyes. We rarely get the chance to just sit and stare at each other when the boys are around. Damn, even doing lawn care together during the weekend was fun—and we've been married 13 years! Now I'm wishing we had other nearby relatives who'd let the boys spend a few days with them during the summer. I could really get used to having more than an occasional evening alone with my guy.



EditorMom

2 comments:

Imperatrix said...

Alone time is great. This is the first summer in a while that the girls aren't either visiting relatives for a couple of weeks or both at camp at the same time. The Consort mentioned maybe next year we should definitely return to that habit!

Enjoy your week.

erinberry said...

Glad you had some time to yourselves! How nice to just enjoy each other's (each others'?) company during the summertime!

Template created by Makeworthy Media