KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's a Medical Miracle!

Express Scripts' service policyAmazing what miracles a few e‑mails to the right folks can produce.

Remember how, in our November 1 episode, Express Scripts first told me they put aside the prescription for my husband Ed's AD/HD medication and then told me they'd never received the prescription from us, despite UPS proof to the contrary? It seems my e-mails to Newsday, Newsweek, and the New York Times, cc'd to Express Scripts, have produced a medical miracle.

A half hour ago, I got a phone call from an Express Scripts supervisor who says her name is Connie (do customer service reps ever give their real names?), who told me that Express Scripts' pharmacists have found Ed's prescription, are filling it now, and will ship the medication out by express mail today.

This miraculous find couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that Express Scripts knows that I know that 19 state attorney generals think they're crooks, could it? Of course not.

Still, I'll believe in miracles when I sign for receipt of the medication package.


Updated 2:48 p.m., November 3: Ed's medication was delivered this morning, having been shipped by FedEx for Saturday delivery. Express Scripts never has Ed's or our son's meds delivered on a Saturday. But they know they're in deep quicksand this time. And here's a portion of a cheering letter from New York State Attorney General Eliot Spizter that he wrote to us on November 1 and that we received today:

Thank you for your recent e-mail and for expressing your support for my efforts as Attorney General. Your kind words mean a great deal to me.

In addition, I appreciate you making me aware of your difficulties with Express Scripts. I have forwarded your message to the appropriate members of my staff. I am sure that it will be of interest to them. We will keep your comments in mind during any discussions we may have on this issue.




_________________________

Fighting for the Little Guy, Part 1

Fighting for the Little Guy, Part 2


EditorMom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power to the press! -Wally-

Anonymous said...

Good.

Template created by Makeworthy Media