KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Surgery's Done

I woke up for the day today at an astounding 12:30 p.m.! Surgery is tiring.

All went well in the OR yesterday. The orthopedist was very pleased with how well all the bones went back together during surgery. He says I shouldn't need additional surgery or an external fixator. My husband Ed describes the plate that the surgeon put inside my arm with screws as looking like a putter, with the business end in my wrist and the other end in my arm. I have excellent pain meds that don't make me groggy.


As good as I'm feeling, I expect I'll be working on Monday, editing onscreen with my nondominant left hand, although it'll be very slow, because I'll have to hunt and peck.

Thank you all so very much for you healing thoughts and prayers and support.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine,
I like to check out the links that pass through my site and saw that you had surgery. I just posted about my wife's arthroscopic knee surgery yesterday as well. She is doing fine and should be out of work one more week.
Anyway, here's hoping you have a complete and speedy recovery as well.
BTW I'm a former New Yorker as well (Yonkers) but love it here in the South, now for the last 40 years.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Hey, Ron—your wife's lucky to have you to help her recuperate. I know that I certainly appreciate my husband a lot more because of all the things he's had to help one-armed me do. Best wishes to Jennifer, and make sure she takes care of that cartilage!

Template created by Makeworthy Media