KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, July 01, 2005

Legislators Actually Do Something About
the Liar-in-Chief

I was greatly cheered to read this from Raw Story:


Conyers and 51 Members File FOIA Request on Downing Street Minutes; Members Formally Seek Hearings in House


Representative John Conyers, Jr., (D-MI) House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member, along with 51 other Members today, submitted a broad and comprehensive FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] request to the White House, the Department of Defense, and the Department of State seeking any and all documents and materials concerning the Downing Street Minutes and the lead up to the Iraq war, RAW STORY has learned.

In addition, the Members also formally requested that the House Committees on Judiciary, Armed Services, International Relations, and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence commence hearings on the Downing Street Minutes.

"This is the next stage of the Downing Street investigation and brings the investigation to a new more and more aggressive stage," one Democratic Judiciary aide said.


You can see a copy of the FOIA request at Raw Story. Can I have Rep. Conyers move from Michigan to New York State? We could really use his talents here. If he were ever to run for president, I think I'd back him.

4 comments:

Katherine Zander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katherine Zander said...

Sorry - I first posted my response to the post below here. It's been a loooong day!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Katharine -- I'm certainly in agreement with your posts. However, as a Michigander, I want to proudly claim Rep. John Conyers as being from Michigan, not Virginia. He has done and said many good things since I first attended a fund-raising function for him in the 1960s.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Oops! You're right. I'll correct my post.

Template created by Makeworthy Media