KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Thursday, May 03, 2007

What Poetry Form Are You?



I am heroic couplets; most precise
And fond of order. Planned and structured. Nice.
I know, of course, just what I want; I know,
As well, what I will do to make it so.
This doesn't mean that I attempt to shun
Excitement, entertainment, pleasure, fun;
But they must keep their place, like all the rest;
They might be good, but ordered life is best.


Heroic verse—so stereotypical for an editor! From Nachfolge, via Set Free: Find out what form of poetry you are.

Inspired by my quiz results, I attempted a short poem. Don't boo too loudly!
Fun is much needed, so I say
When medical editing has come my way.
Spring has sprung so fair and so green
That if work I must, I'll need be o'erseen.
The flowers, so fragrant and so bright
Will soon daze you too, am I right?
I am not good at rhyming verse,
So please don't say my name and curse.


2 comments:

Peter K Fallon, Ph.D. said...

LOL.

Your poetry poem is very nice,
So nice, in fact, I read it twice.
And then I read it once again,
Sheer force of will could scarce constrain
My burning urge to read your poem
Just one more time 'fore I go home.
I bookmarked it to read tonight, My office lit by PC light,
While on my desk sit piles of work:
This time of year drives me berserk.
In truth, I seek distracting capers
For (~~sigh~~) I'm reading final papers...

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Touché, Peter! You have my deepest sympathies. I'm sending you virtual caffeine to keep you awake.

Template created by Makeworthy Media